The J-1 Trainee Program offers American companies the opportunity to host highly qualified, mature and bilingual trainees from Sweden on a J-1 visa. The trainee candidates have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and/or have several years experience and specialized skills within their professional field. The J-1 visa Trainee Program offered by the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce is a great way of incorporating fresh perspectives, advanced skills and new ideas into your company during a period of 3 weeks to 18 months.
Why hire a Swedish Trainee/Intern through the SACC J1-visa program?
- Cost Efficient
SACC advises the host company (but is not required) to pay the Trainee/Intern a stipend equivalent to the cost of living in the host company’s location. There are generally no social security or medicine taxes for a J-1 Trainee/Intern. The Trainee/Intern covers insurance costs and travel expenses.
- Qualified Trainees
Well-educated, motivated and bilingual Trainees/Interns for up to 18 months.’
- International Presence
The Trainee/Intern will bring a Scandinavian perspective to your organization.
- Minimum Administration
SACC guides you and your Trainee/Intern through the application process and helps with the necessary documentation making the entire process quick and easy.
Host Company Requirements
- Have an Employer Identification Number and Workman’s Compensation Insurance
- Provide continuous training and supervision
- Have at least one full-time employee working at the office where the intern/trainee will do the training.
- The host company must be a SACC-SF/SV Corporate-or Enterprise member
Categories and Fees
|Length||Visa Service Fee||SEVIS fee|
Contact us for more information or find out more about how a Swedish Trainee/Intern can excel your business at SACC-USA´s Trainee section.
SACC-USA Trainee Program
The SACC-USA Trainee Program & J-1 Visa Service offers companies located in the US the opportunity to host highly qualified Trainees/Interns from Sweden on a J-1 Visa. SACC-SF/SVs Corporate Membership gives exclusive access to the SACC J-1 visa Trainee Program, offering companies the opportunity to host highly qualified, mature and bilingual trainees from Sweden, eager to take part in accelerating your business. SACC-SF/SV also hosts trainees, in PR & Communications, Marketing & Social Media, Finance & Partnerships, Events & Business Relations.
For the trainees, a training program in the US is the opportunity of a lifetime. You will have the opportunity to advance your theoretical knowledge and skills, acquiring key insights from the American market and business culture. SACC-USA will guide you through the application process and assist with the necessary documentation, making the entire process easy and fast.
SACC Trainee Program includes:
- Trainees who have found a host organization through SACC-USA
- Trainees at SACC Regional Chambers
- Trainees who have found a host organization by themselves
- Swedish students writing their Bachelors or Masters theses for a US company
- Employees of Swedish companies who need to go to the US for training with a mother company, subsidiary or business/joint venture partner