May 25, 2018: Posting Date
May 25, 2018: Effective Date
SACC-SF/SV respects your privacy. We want to ensure that you get the opportunities, information, content, news, and experiences that are of most interest to you. We are committed to protecting the privacy of community members and other contacts.
Information We Collect
We need to collect information about you to provide you with the information or support you request. Additionally, you can choose to voluntarily provide information to us. We may collect the following personal data in line with the use purposes explained below:
- Your full name, email address, phone number, job title, and company affiliation, when you become a SACC-SF/SV member and/or subscribe to our newsletter.
- If you decide to register and/or purchase a ticket for one of our events, we or our third-party payment service processors may collect your purchase and payment information.
- Your social media profile information
- Other information you voluntarily provide to us
How We Use Your Information
SACC-SF/SV uses (and, where specified, shares) your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process transactions, SACC-SF/SV uses personal information such as name, telephone number, email address, and company/institution to engage in interactions with you, including contacting you about event participation. We use financial/credit card/PayPal account name and payment information to process your order and may need to share some of this information with credit card clearing houses, and other third parties to complete the transaction.
- To provide support or other services. SACC-SF/SV may use your personal information to provide you with support or other services that you have requested. We may also use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters, webinars, or other specific requests.
- To provide information based on your needs and respond to your requests. We may use your personal information to provide you with notices of new opportunities and business introductions.
- To select content, improve quality, and facilitate use of our website. We may use your personal information, including the information gathered as a result of site navigation and electronic protocols and cookies (including third-party cookies), to help create and personalize website content, improve website quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness, evaluate page response rates, conduct usability testing, and facilitate your use of our websites (for example, to facilitate navigation, avoid duplicate data entry, and enhance security).
- To communicate with you about a meeting, conference, or event (collectively, “events”.) We may communicate with you about an event hosted or co-sponsored by SACCSF/SV or one of our business associates. This may include information about the event’s content, event logistics, payment, updates, and additional information related to the event. Information you provide when registering for or participating in an event managed or co-sponsored by parties, other than or in addition to SACCSF/SV may be shared with those parties, and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies of those parties.
- To get feedback or input from you. In order to deliver services of most interest to our members/partners, we may ask, via email, and/or our website visitors to provide us input and feedback (for example through surveys).
How We Share Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information: SACC-SF/SV will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We may store information in locations outside the direct control of SACC-SF/SV (for instance, on servers or databases with hosting providers). Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available on our sites or social media channels, such as posting comments on our blog page, will be available to others. If you remove information that you have made public on our sites, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our sites or 3rd party services (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter), or if other users have copied or saved that information. You will need to contact or login into the third party applications, if you want the personal information that was posted to their sites removed. To learn how a third party uses your information, please review their specific privacy policies.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage of data, URLs, company presentations, website metrics, etc.) with our partners. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
Personal data about minors and children
SACC-SF/SV does not knowingly collect data from or about children under 16 without the permission of parent(s)/guardian(s). If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 16, please contact us.
Storage and Processing
We may use third-party service providers to, process and store your information in the United States, Canada, Japan, the European Union and other countries.
Responses to legal requests
SACC-SF/SV reserves the right to share your information to respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law.
If you wish to amend or access your personal data
If you wish to access or amend any personal data we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you may contact us at the address below. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database.
- You may update, correct or delete your information and preference at any time by contacting us or our third parties’ services providers.
- You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the services we offer.
- At any time, you may object to the processing of your Personal Data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law.