Membership Administration Volunteer
We currently have an opening for a Volunteer role at our office in San Francisco. We are looking for someone who is passionate about U.S.-Sweden Business relations/events and who would like to contribute and gain work experience from a Chamber of Commerce. The Membership Administration role at SACC-SF includes all membership administration and communication with potential, new and current members with regards to benefits and fees. Together with our Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for the weekly communication with our members, as well as developing membership communication, values and benefits. You will work with tools such as Google Drive, Hubspot and Mailchimp.
This is a 6-months (can be prolonged) volunteer role beginning in August with a minimum of 8-10 hrs/week (some of the hours can be done from home).
Membership & Outreach Services
- Be responsible for the Membership Database
- Prepare and send members information and acknowledgement letters
- Assist with preparations of membership materials (brochures, renewal letters, statements, acknowledgement letters) for annual renewal campaign
- Update and maintain email database
- Set up plan and timeline for renewals
Administration & Operations
- Manage information in Hubspot
- Help with general office administration
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Prior work/volunteering experience in an administrative and/or customer service oriented position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Superb oral and written communication in English and Swedish
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, flexible attitude
- Commitment to excellence and high personal standards of integrity
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about creating a member community
- Strong interest in U.S.-Sweden Business relations
- Prior experience of Hubspot, Mailchimp or similar
A minimum of 8-10 hours/week. Depending on your interests, we welcome your engagement in other areas and any ideas you may want to contribute with to our community.
This is a volunteer position and it is not eligible for monetary compensation.
You will join a passionate team at the Chamber and gain experience while growing your network in San Francisco and the Bay Area.
To apply, please send an email with the subject: “Membership Administration Volunteer” and include a short introduction, resume, and three references to email@example.com.