Although Science and Business have defined boundaries, neither discipline can thrive without the other. Innovation and technological improvements undergo scientific experiments and studies before the final products are presented to the targer market. Many scientific developments eventually become commercial products.
Science and Business communities are different players, interacting successfully in the Silicon Valley Ecosystem. We are inviting scientists of all diverse areas to join and share their experiences with our strong network of entrepreneurs, business and venture capital.
This event is complimentary!
When: Wednesday, June 3rd. From 6:30pm to 9:00pm (PDT)
6:00 – 6:30 pm Registration & Networking
6:30 – 6:40 pm Welcome Remarks:
- Fátima Báñez, Minister of Employment and Social Security.
- José Ignacio Fernández Vera, General Manager FECYT.
6:40 – 6:45 ECUSA presentation
- Ignacio Ugarte, ECUSA Chair of the Board.
- Luis de Lecea, Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Stanford University, ECUSA California.
6:45 – 7:15 pm Keynote: “Half a Century of Science in the West Coast: a personal experience”
ECUSA is an organization for scientists, already established in Boston and New York, with the objective of incorporating to its network Spanish scientists located in the West Coast.The main objectives of this association are:
- Establishing a network for scientists in the USA to facilitate the integration of newcomers, the exchange of ideas and experiences, the interaction between disciplines and with related professional areas, including public and private sector.
- Increasing the social awareness of science and technology and research and development, by organizing activities and events that bring together scientists and the general community.
- Creating a formal body for scientists that can serve as point of contact for Spanish and American public and private institutions, as well as social and mass media, seeking advice or information on science, technology and research and development themes.