The Swedish American Chamber of Commerce in San Francisco and Silicon Valley is seeking a new CEO and Executive Director to lead the organization’s strategy development and operations.
About the organization
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce of San Francisco/Silicon Valley (SACC-SF/SV) was founded in 1948 and serves as the leading facilitator of business trade and knowledge sharing between organizations in Sweden and Northern California. Our mission is to engage and foster the Swedish-American business community and support Swedish companies in their settlement or business development efforts in the Bay Area.
SACC-SF/SV is a non-profit organization serving as a gateway for companies and professionals interested in the Bay Area and Swedish business connections. We provide crucial business services to Swedish and American companies including tailored business mission trips to Silicon Valley, weeklong seminars, high-profile networking events and market research services.
About the role
Our much-valued CEO is returning to Sweden and we’re looking for a successor to continue her work and take SACC-SF/SV to the next level. The assignment could be a full-time position.
The CEO is responsible for building the vision, guidance and strategic direction for all of SACC-SF/SV programs and local personnel. We’re looking for a high-energy leader who’s passionate about both bringing attention to Swedish business in the US and help Swedish companies with their business development efforts in the Silicon Valley. You have to be a complete self-starter, love to network and have a great deal of business experience from both Sweden and the US.
The successful candidate for this position must be a collaborative and enthusiastic leader with a passion for building and executing successful programs from scratch.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Identify and create opportunities to further develop Swedish-American business and knowledge exchange.
- Responsible for all strategic planning and organizational policy as developed in concert with our Board of Directors and Advisory Board.
- Develop annual business plans with measurable objectives for all programs, events and projects; align objectives with annual budget revenue and expense projections.
- Hiring and building the organization
- Communicate regularly to Board of Directors on Chamber programs and activities and other issues relevant to the success of the Chamber.
- Create relationships and partnerships with other local Scandinavian organizations
- A proven successful leader with the ability to provide dynamic internal and external leadership, and with the ability to develop, motivate and build functional teams that regularly achieve and maintain superior levels of performance.
- Experience in sales and in delivering results in line with the objectives of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Proven excellence in written and oral communication, both in English and Swedish
Compensation is based on results.
Please send your resume/CV and personal letter to email@example.com
We look forward to your application!