- This event has passed.
Global Questions – Local Answers: Personal Tax & Fiscal Issues
05/27/2015 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Experts answer your questions about valuable topics!
Join us for our event-series “Global Questions – Local Answers”, which consists out of four different events with four important topics. This time: Personal Tax & Fiscal Issues!
In collaboration with Bank of the West, SACC-SF/SV will host experts who will share valuable information about the following issues:
– Credit Score & Mortgages (April 29th)
– Personal Tax & Fiscal Issues (May 27th)
– International Financial Planning (September 9th)
– Immigration (November 4th)
Some of the questions that will be discussed:
– I am working here in the US for a Swedish company for a few weeks. I am paid in Sweden and legally I can not work here. Accordingly the US will not tax me on this income. Is that correct?
– I just won the green card lottery. What is the most important thing to know about obtaining the green card with respect to income taxes?
– This is my first year in the US and I want to make sure that I take care of all of my US income tax compliance. What are the common issues or filings that people like me miss?
– I have a pension in Sweden and now a pension in the US. I want to simplify my life. How do I combine these pensions and what is the tax impact?
– Should I have a trust for my U.S. property in order to avoid probate? Should I place non-U.S. property in my U.S. revocable trust?
About the speakers:
Charlotte Wall, CPA at Spott, Lucey & Wall, Inc.
Ms. Wall is a shareholder of the firm Spott, Lucey, & Wall, Inc. The firm works with foreign corporations investing in or owning U.S. businesses, U.S. businesses investing in or owning foreign businesses, foreign citizens working in the U.S. as well as U.S. citizens and residents working abroad. Currently over 85% of the firm’s clients have international issues. She is in charge of all of the Firm’s real estate clients (landlords, developers, brokers, etc). In addition, Charlotte handles all of the Firm’s multi-state consulting and technology companies. Her foreign clients are from about 25 different countries –predominately Germany, England, Australia, Sweden, and Canada. She currently serves on the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Chapter of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants as President. She is a member of the Financial Women’s Association (FWA) and the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce.
Mark Weaver, Partner in Farella Braun + Martel’s Family Wealth Group
Mark Weaver is a partner in Farella Braun + Martel’s Family Wealth Group. Mr. Weaver assists individuals and families with their estate and business succession planning, and guides family members through the trust and estate administration process. A key aspect of Mr. Weaver’s practice is counseling clients on cross-border issues. He provides estate planning advice for clients with beneficiaries and/or assets that are located in multiple countries, as well as for individuals planning to enter or leave the United States. He also advises clients on reporting requirements in connection with foreign trusts, bank accounts and other foreign assets, including the benefits and risks associated with the offshore voluntary disclosure and streamline programs.
About the moderator:
Julien Christiaens,Vice President, Area Manager at Bank of the West
Juliens department focuses on assisting clients with their domestic and international banking needs. His clients include international entrepreneurs and families, high net-worth individuals and multi- national businesses. Prior to joining Bank of the West, Julien worked for its parent company, BNP Paribas in Belgium. Julien is fluent in French and English.
6PM – 6.30PM: Registration and Networking
6.30PM – 7.30PM: Presentation
7.30PM – 8PM: Q&A and Networking
Light refreshments and drinks will be served.
Register now for this exclusive opportunity to gain qualitative and comprehensive knowledge from people who have worked with this for several years.
Important Note: The information provided is intended to be informational only and does not constitute an offer of goods or services. No tax or legal advice will be offered. Bank of the West is not responsible for the content of any presentations or any materials. Participants are encouraged to seek tax and legal advice from their own tax and legal professionals.
Event sponsor & host: