Our internship program offers companies and organizations in the Bay Area the opportunity to host highly qualified and bilingual interns from Sweden for a stay between 6 and 18 months. With a minimum age of 21, many of the candidates have received a bachelor or master’s degree in topics like technology, marketing or computer programming, and some of them have already gained experience and specialized skills within their field.
“We have had great experience of having Swedish interns, recruited by SACC, at our innovation center in Santa Clara. Our current intern is successfully driving our marketing and communication program for Ericsson D-15 Labs”Jan Söderström, Head of Technology Office Silicon Valley at Ericsson
The intern will bring a Swedish and European perspective to your operation. In addition to Swedish and English, many interns possess good knowledge of one or several other languages. In the recruitment
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce (SACC) assists host companies
- Matchmaking, we will find the right candidate, based on your specific needs.
- Making the arrangement, including application for a J-1 visa
- Providing an introduction for the intern
- Providing an easy visa application process, where SACC will be the sponsor
- Provide you with a contact person at the chamber during the internship
Benefits for the host company:
- Qualified interns. You can host well-educated, motivated and bilingual trainees in a training program up to 18 months.
- International exposure.
- Large pool of pre-screened candidates. SACC will post your position on their website and distribute it to our network in Sweden to generate applications specifically for your position.
- Peace of mind. SACC reviews candidate applications so that you are ensured that they meet the criteria set by the U.S. Department of State for the J-1 visa.
- It is easy. SACC guides you and your intern through the application process and assists with the necessary documentation.
- Low cost. The host organization pay a flat fee, and a stipend to the intern equivalent to the cost of living in the host company’s location. There are no social security or Medicare taxes for a J-1 trainee.
“We’re thrilled with the experience we’ve had with all our SACC interns, and all of them have joined us in full-time positions after their internships”Denise Persson, Chief Marketing Officer at Snowflake
|Member||$3,000 (incl. visa)|
|Non-member||$4,000* (incl. visa and business partnership)|
*One time offer
No hidden costs.
SACC is a non-profit organization, with the aim to unlock the full potential of Swedish-American trade and knowledge exchange.
Read more about the Swedish Universities we work with: