Our trainee program offers partner companies and organizations the opportunity to host highly qualified and bilingual trainees. With a minimum age of 21, many of the candidates have received a Bachelor or Master degree and many have gained experience and specialized skills within their field.
The trainees will bring a Swedish and European perspective to your operation. In addition to Swedish and English, many trainees possess good knowledge of one or several other languages. In the recruitment process SACC-SF/SV is working with top universities in Sweden, like The Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Chalmers University of Technology and Lund University.
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce (SACC) assists host companies by:
- Matchmaking, we will find the right candidate, based on your specific needs.
- Making the arrangement, including application for a J-1 visa
- Providing an introduction for the trainee
- Providing an easy visa application process, where SACC will be the sponsor
- Provide you with a contact person at the chamber during the internship
Benefits for the host company:
- Qualified trainees. You can host well-educated, motivated and bilingual trainees in a training program up to 18 months.
- International exposure.
- Large pool of pre-screened candidates. SACC will post your position on their website and distribute it to our network in Sweden to generate applications specifically for your position.
- Peace of mind. SACC reviews candidate applications so that you are ensured that they meet the criterias by the U.S. Department of State for the J-1 visa.
- It is easy. SACC guides you and your trainee through the application process and assists with the necessary documentation.
- Low cost. The host organization pay a flat fee, and a stipend to the intern equivalent to the cost of living in the host company’s location. There are no social security or Medicare taxes for a J-1 trainee.
|Training Period||SACC Fee (incl visa)|
|6 – 12 months||4,000 usd|
|12- 18 months||5,000 usd|
The host company needs to be a partner of SACC SF/SF (https://www.sacc-sf.org).
The host company pays the the trainee a stipend equivalent to the cost of living.
Insurance and travel costs are paid by the trainee.
No hidden costs.
SACC is a non-profit organization, with the aim to unlock the full potential of Swedish-American trade and knowledge exchange.
+1 650 (804) 3908